Thursday 27 September 2012

Trying to update.

Well here we are at Uluru, Ayers Rock to  me and loving it. We have had a really busy week with little to no time for the computer. Sorry about that everyone. So here goes with an up date from day one.

Day 2 we left Adelaide later than we anticipated due to the late arrival of one of the Motorhomes. We had one ready so packed that up with what we could and got that one organised, unpacked my car and than took the cars over to the Adelaide airport for long term parking. First giggle fest of the trip, signs everywhere to saying that the long term parking was full so proceed to overflow parking, well that took us around and around the round about, into the staff parking area, Nita 4wd to get out of there, I had to reverse up and then some poor guy had to back up to let me out. I then had a brain wave, ahhhh the weekend has just finished so I am sure there will parking there so in we went and found parking. We laughed to the bus back to the terminal to pick up a taxi to go back to the MH(motorhome), the line was as long as all get out but seemed to be moving quick enough, we thought about walking back, but then decided against it. So back to the MH and quickly packed stuff into the second one and off we went. Ok second giggle fest, I had no idea how to drive a semi auto car, just as well Blair was in the front seat and could instruct me on how to do it, got lost but all turned out well and off we went under Blair's expert navigation skills.
We travelled to a stop just outside of Pt Wakefield to have lunch. All good until I got locked in the toilet of the MH, Nita laughed so much she almost peed herself, finally I was released and we continued. Next disaster, there was no power in Nita's MH, rang back to Maui, and they were sending somebody out to see what it was, however we waited so long finally Nita worked out that the 12V had tripped itself and she reset it and we were off again. Umm that was until I could not get my MH to work. It would not start, great, rang Maui again and it turned out that I had turned the thing off in gear and in a VW one cannot do that. So after instructions and me getting a little up tight with it all we were away. On our way to Port Augusta.We decided to book  into a Caravan Park for the night as we had to charge up batteries and just get use to everything. Booked into the Big4, spotlessly clean, and really quiet and well set up. The two boys cooked dinner on the BBQ, we cleaned up and off to bed. Well that turned out to be a drama also, we had no idea how to make the bed from the table in Nita's MH. We scoured the CP for another one the same as hers and found a lovely gentleman who helped up with some little tips on different things and put the bed together for Geordan. At last sleep. It had certainly been an eventful day. All was good and we were looking forward to the next day. The kids were good and were tired and slept well.
I am having trouble uploading pics at present so will try again tomorrow night. Wait for more encounters with the intrepid travellers.

Eating lunch just out of Pt Wakefield


1 comment:

  1. OMG I laughed soo hard when I read you got stuck in toilet. I can just picture everyone else laughing soo hard they couldnt help, and you telling them to stop being silly and get you out of there :-). SOunds and looks like you are all having a blast. Which is excellent.

    ReplyDelete