Sunday 23 September 2012

Day 1, Adelaide.

Well we are finally on our way. After almost forgetting the meat this morning and having breakfast at McDonalds we left Mt Gambier. It was an uneventful trip to Keith, one that has been taken many times before, so a comfort stop at Keith, and something to eat and drink again before heading up the Dukes Highway to Adelaide.
In Nita's car I think it was fairly quiet with Luke sleeping most of the way after working late last night and Geordan is a pretty quiet girl anyways. In Sharon's car it was once again fairly quiet with Blair watching a movie and Soraya playing games on her phone. The traffic was heavy with people leaving Adelaide for the school holidays I assume and we started to see some football traffic catching up with us, from Melbourne.
Next stop Tailem Bend, this is where things started to get interesting, when I decided to get my purse and could not find it. I thought I had left it in Keith and then would have to return to hopefully retrieve it, but no, thank goodness for Soraya, she found it behind a box in the back seat. Heart settled again and after some discussion we decided to continue on into Adelaide as there really wasn't anyone that hungry.
A good run into the city and to the motel on Anzac Highway. Cars unpacked and then off to Harbour Town for some shopping and lunch. This afternoon was spent with the kids not too happy with their Grandy because she would not let them go for a swim. My thoughts it was too cold and really I did not want to have a pile of wet clothes to cart off tomorrow. So really a quiet afternoon and evening will be spent ready for the trip ahead of us.
Looking forward to hitting the road tomorrow and exploring the country between here and Pt Augusta.








 




Here are the motley crew on our first day at the motel. The first two are of Nita and then Sharon with the kids. The last picture is of the kids trying to make me feel guilty because I won't let go for a swim, so we will just sit around and look really sad, umm it did not work.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh I wish I was a fly on the wall when you thought you had lost your purse. I think there is one 14yo who wont let you live that mistake down all holiday :-).
    I wouldnt have let them go for a swim either, Blair adn Soraya would swim in the snow if you let them. Enjoy your evening, get plenty of rest and look forward to reading more and more about the amazing trip.
    Remember kids this is a trip of a lifestyle so SMILE and be HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon

    I can only shower you with brave medals for traveling with your tribe. We are currently looking after two grand children 5 and 8 and totally "OVER IT". Either they leave home or we will. (he he!!!!!)

    Cheers & beers

    Paul & Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How am I meant to be getting jealous, if I aint seeing any gorgeous pictures and reading the amazing stories from your adventures.

    ReplyDelete