Sunday 22 July 2012

Started booking sites.

Have had a productive day today and booked our sites at Uluru. I had been told that one could not book in advance, however I contacted them via email and had a reply almost immediately. How is that for customer service. They answered all my questions and so another email went off and all booked for September. I have loved looking at all the info and trailing through my Camps 6 book. We will free camp on the way to the Rock from Coober Pedy, just not too sure where as yet. My next big decision will be Kings Canyon. Now wether to book at Kings Canyon or at Kings Creek Station.

Well, all booked now, almost anyways. After consulting the grey nomads on the http://www.thegreynomads.com.au/ and various people whom have travelled this way we have decided to book at the station. Both Nita and I think  that this will be a great experience for the kids. Certainly very different to the lush pastures around here and the dairy farm that Blair and Soraya's Dad has.


Yesterday we sat pouring over the brochures that have been sent and the excitement is building.
We cannot believe how quickly the time is going and it really will not be too long before we are heading up the Stuart Highway. The memories of my teenage years are coming back also. I spent 2 plus years working around the Rock and Kings Canyon, a very different place back then. It really was the outback then. I was telling Nita and her grandies about it taking all day to do a trip to the Canyon back then, the base being Wallara Ranch. Great times and special memories. If I can get the photo albums out I will try and post some pics of the place back then.



So lists are being made, excitement building, and a little bit of nerves also. It will be a big responsibility taking precious cargo on a trip like this. Driving a motorhome for the first time and heading off. I guess the kids parents are feeling confident in the two grandies or there would be a resounding no from them. So watch out Red Centre here we come.

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys
    looks like it is all coming together. Look forward to some pikkies.

    Thanks for viewing our blog as well. If we can help you give us a hoy!

    Safe travels

    Paul & Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget to pack new batteries in your cameras. Looking forward to hearing and seeing the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, getting really excited about it all. Now to make up the lists of things to take, food to buy, and the itinery. Really looking forward to seeing the Red Centre again. I love that country, and have so many precious memories of my misspent youth up there. Still there are some things probably best kept secret from the grandchildren. :)
    Will get that step ladder out today and find my old albums see how the pics come up scanned after all these years.

    ReplyDelete