Friday 13 July 2012

Planning under way.

Soraya and I sat at the computer this morning plotting our course up the track in September. She did a wonderful job on the computer getting distances and approx times of travel and then we had to work out how long we stay in each place. I think we need 11 weeks instead of 11 days.
I jumped on the phone and started to book sites and arranging for packages to be sent from the various tourist information centres. I know that there will not be enough time to experience all there is to do in the outback, however as I said to Soraya, this trip will give the kids a taste of travel and what is out there to see and experience and one day when they have left school and have their own money they can take off and explore for themselves.
Once I have the calendar set up completely and double checked with Nita that she is happy with the schedule I will post it. I love doing this as the Northern Territory is my old stomping ground, having first gone there as a naive 17yo to work at Ayers Rock as it was called then and having the time of my life. Times have changed, the space has changed somewhat but still that magic of the red centre is still the same.
I do think that the two Grandies will need a holiday after the holiday to recover, but was a wonderful experience for us all.
I am not sure how the music department will go as the tastes are 2 generations apart, but I am sure we will be able work out something. Ear plugs will always be an option.
Til next time, happy travels to all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment